Thursday 16 December 2010

I've found smog at the end.

   Six weeks is it? Can't be much more. I moved back up to Washington (local: "woshi'n'un") on November the first, handy date to count from though it is, I can't be arsed. I thought I'd write a few words about how bloody brilliant everything's going so far.
   College is great, its not falling apart and it doesn't smell anywhere. I've fitted in fine, the guys I hang about like a fart in a phone box are swanky characters who I reckon don't think I'm too much of a cock which is comforting.
   Politically, I am holding back for the next eighteen months or so, I do want to get myself right into it eventually but not having those three A-levels that'll get me into either Leeds, Exeter, Edinburgh or St Andrews to learn Arabic will greatly hinder my chances of succeeding in... Whatever it is I'll do with my life in the end. This is hard of course, needless to say, had I not moved I would have been smashing windows at Millbank, storming Parliament and hoying missiles in London instead of only attending a few of the many marches in Newcastle. This move has been positive in so many ways for my education and prospects, I even got a bloody A this week!

How many times have I walked that tunnel? Not enough.
   Of course, I still miss Aylesbury like a hole in the head, I even dreamt about the cobbles shining white in the lamppost lights under rain and cherry blossom in the Market Square the other night but then again, I have been listening to a lot of Marillion like I said. I was considering having "Market Square Heroes" across my shoulders, I owe the town that much, I loved it in many ways.
   Washington is a brilliant place, few places I end up have ever been bad but right now it seems almost soulless. Not as soulless as the day I arrived in Aylesbury though, I saw things as bleak for quite some time then and yet the outcome was truly magnificent. I'll grow to love my home town again.
   My darling David, weather permitting - fuck you snow, - is coming up this weekend to visit his folks in Sunderland. Understandably, he'd rather be seeing me so his 'rents are kindly bringing my ukulele and a bag of clothes up for 'is. My fingers have gone all soft and girly, I haven't played my guitar in pretty much two months. I'm reservedly excited, concerning the weather but I look forward to it nonetheless.
   My EMA contract has arrived finally so I'll get it in tomorrow, signed and pick up a camera from James, wor media tutor to borrow for the holidays. Of course, I'll be primarily studying for my sociology exam (14th January), re-drafting my English coursework, filming media material and getting pyuwa mortal but I might have time to film bits and pieces of things what happen and get them up on Youtube, if so I'll use it as an opportunity to report, in a journalistic sense, of course.
   Just to go back to politics mind, can I implore you all to make a formal complaint about the behaviour of Ben Brown, BBC journalist for his utter lack of professionalism in this interview with Jody McIntyre after he was pulled from his wheelchair at the student demonstrations in London twice by the same Polis. There's a link and details on the Youtube page linked on how to complain. Mine is on the Beeb blog by a Mr Bakhurst on the subject under this name. Thanks.
   So I'll be in Aylesbury after Christmas, latest date of arrival looks to be about the 28th and many exciting things are afoot, one of which is a closely guarded secret but I hope you can all make it. I look forward to seeing the town again and everybody in it, book in advance to avoid disappointment. Catch ye's after.
   Oh, and Courney said to say she says "hi"... Courtney says "hi."
-Nous.

No comments:

Post a Comment